Gold and black Kansas City, Kansas Police Department Safety First, courtesy always logo




Animal Services
3301 Park Drive
Monday - Friday
8:00am- 4:30pm

 Complaints Click Here

Having an animal in KCK

  • All cats and dogs must have a current rabies vaccination and tag.
  • All dogs, cats, and Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pigs that are 6 months of age or older must have a valid city license. Licensing your pet is the best way to ensure that your pet gets home if it is ever lost.
  • You may apply for a license in person at 3301 Park Drive or on the online licensing page. There are multiple license packages available and your pet must have a current rabies vaccination certificate.
  • No more than 3 dogs and 3 cats are allowed in the city limits without a special permit. You may apply for a special permit at Urban Planning and Land Use.
  • American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, and any dog which has the appearance and characteristics of being predominantly mixed with the above referenced breeds is prohibited from residing within the city limits. Bonner Springs and Edwardsville do not prohibit these breeds.
  • Every dog and cat over 6 months of age must be spayed or neutered. Low cost spay and neuter clinics in Kansas City, Kansas:


Surrendering & Reclaiming Animals

When surrendering or reclaiming an animal to Animal Control, you are required to present a valid driver’s license. Animal Control can only receive animals that were found in Wyandotte County.

Dead Animals

Dead Animal Disposal: 913-321-1445

©2016 The Kansas City, Kansas Police Department, all rights reserved